Tuesday 9 September 2008

It Really Is The Ninth Of September

Could tomorrow be the end of the world? At the library, I get asked many many questions, some brilliant, many inane. But today, I was asked if the world was going to end tomorrow. Of course I said Yes, which seemed to worry the questioner, but I just shrugged it off and forgot about it. When I got back I remembered the question and wondered about it enough to Google it. And then a cartoon I'd seen a while back made sense.

Is the world going to end? I hope not. Will crazy things happen? We'll see.

According to this, everything's probably going to be okay. And you can't argue with science. Well, you can if you're a Creationist. But I'm going to go with the 'okay' scenario. I got way too overexcited by the Millenium Bug. I'm keeping my opinions 'hopeful' on this one.

No comments: