Sunday 24 August 2008

No Point in Not Being Friends


I am going to be reading at the second no point in not being friends night.

It starts at 8pm, in the Basement Bar of the Deaf Institute, just off Oxford Road in Manchester.

There will be fiction and poetry from: Annie Clarkson, Emma Unsworth, Zack Wilson, Richard Barrett, Chris Killen and Michael Halmshaw, a video-reading from Sam Pink, plus lots more things TBC.

It's free, and it should be fun and interesting. I don't think anyone will be wearing berets or anything like that. Today, I had a beret placed on my head as a joke. I didn't get to see what it looked like, but I am sure it scored 2 out of 10 in the 'amusing' stakes. I think I'll smile every time I see someone wearing a beret from now on. I think I do that already. I've just decided on the story I'm going to read. I think, anyway. I am a bit nervous, but I am mostly excited. I am looking forward to hearing all the people above 'do' their thing. I think it will be a brilliant night.

2 comments:

sally said...

Thanks for reading, Emma! Really, really enjoyed it, it was a beautiful story. Also, thank you for the 'time' book, which I love, and the badge and 'free minute' ticket. I'm considering how to spend it. And reading 'time' in my lunch breaks.

Lovely to meet you in real life. I hope you come to other reading nights. x

Emma said...

Thanks for inviting me! It was a fantastic night. It was lovely to meet you in real life, too.

You'll have to let me know how you spend your free minute. We are trying to keep tabs and maybe do something with the info we get back.

And I'll definitely come to more reading nights. xx