Monday 5 May 2008

Ribbit-Woof

I like staying up late to do writing. I love it when everyone else is fast asleep, and the house is mine to spill myself into. It’s almost four a.m. The birds have started to sing. I guess that means the sun is coming up soon. I think I’ll be in bed before it actually gets light, because my eyes are not working very well now. Tiredness is creeping in like a hungry monster.

I’ve just written a story, or what I think is a story. I can’t tell if it’s finished, but it feels finished. I’ll have a look at it in a few days and see if it makes any sense. Tomorrow is a Bank Holiday, which means I get an extra day off this week. I like days off. I always think I’ll be able to get lots of writing done, when in all actuality, I get most of my writing done on the nights before days off. Days off are generally spent doing busy things, or sleeping in late, or pottering. There is perhaps a bit too much pottering methinks. Tomorrow will most probably be a mix of bed and pottering. And I have to help make an origami frog into a dog that will pop out of a matchbox. That will be fun, I think. And then I’m sure there will be things happening at the interactive library, perhaps things that need documenting. Better get some kip now, tomorrow’s looking like a busy day.

No comments: