Wednesday 13 February 2008

Coffee

On Sunday I got together with two friends who also do writing, and we read through each other's stuff and talked about ideas and writing and things that work and things that don't. It was nice to be with people who have the same ideas about things. Once, I did something that I thought would be a good idea, but it turned out to be a quite big, uncomfortable mistake. I'm just not into goblins and vampires. So it was a relief to have a common ground from the start, i.e. I already know these people and they don't do role-playing. I think that's all you can ask for, really.

We set ourself a theme to write stories around: coffee. Two of us already had stories loosely tied to that theme, but we’re working on new stuff as well. It’s quite exciting. We have a deadline set for next Sunday. I have a good feeling about all of this. We might make it into a blog, but we are definitely making it into a chapbook. There will be one hundred copies. I am going to stitch the signatures together with silver thread. I’ve decided on this and no one is going to stop me. I love silver thread. That is that.

No comments: